Saturday, November 22, 2008

Passport Thing

My last post was about My husband and I planning to travel on Holidays. But this time, I’m in the middle of searching for my passport! L… As far as I remember I brought it last week, as my company needs a copy of it as well as my husband’s. I have put it in a leather Skywards passport wallet, My passport, His passport and my little one’s passport... Inside that, I have $200, which was excess money when I went on vacation last September. I am desperately looking for it in my drawer, cabinet, anywhere else!! Hoping to find it at home..

I phoned the Philippine Consulate in Dubai to asked what do I need to get a new passport (If in case I really lost it), they said I have to get a police report from Dubai Police. And these are the procedures I have to go thru before getting that report…



Reporting a Lost Passport (Expatriates)

Documents Required

(For those on a company's sponsorship)

1. A printed letter, in Arabic, bearing the stamp of the company should be provided.
2. A photocopy of the Trade License.
3. A photocopy of the Establishment Card showing authenticated signature(s).
4. A photocopy of the lost passport (if any).
5. Two recent photos.

(For those on an individual's sponsorship)

6. A letter from the sponsor showing his/her signature.
7. A photocopy of the sponsor's passport.
8. A photocopy of the lost passport (if any).
9. Two recent photos.

Procedures

1. A loss report will be issued in the name of Department of Investigations.
2. Copy of the loss report has to be submitted to the Department of Investigations upon paying a fee of Dhs. 20. The process will take two days.

I hope to find it later when I reached home @ 4pm..

No comments: